Follow me on my daily adventures with all my critters and get sneak peeks at our latest creations!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Look what we found!!!


This weekend my husband and daughter were on a bike ride around the countryside where we live. They stopped to take a breather and heard a distant but persistant cry...scanning the field they saw a small grey kitten running towards them! Luckily hubby had the cell phone and called me...kinda hard to ride a bike and hold a squirmy hungry kitty!!! I brought home this adorable little treasure and fed her. She ravenously wolfed down an entire can of cat food! Riley of course wanted to keep her but alas i had to practise what i have been telling her for so loooooong~we cannot keep them ALL!!! We already have five dogs, 3 kitties, 2 horses and a flock of chickens! Lucky for us our wonderful neighbor is cat lover and a SUCKER!!!! So we took our new found bundle of joy across the road where she was met by hugs and kisses!!! "Lucy" will have a wonderful home!!!

1 comment:

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Yeah for saving another furbaby!! And she is so dang adorable Jen ! I know it was hard for you not to keep her but thank goodness you had a neighbor with open arms. My neace and nephew found a kitten out bike riding the same way several years ago. The kitten had been dumped in the roadside ditch.People can be so cruel but thank goodness for you ! Hugs~~Pam